You can run PDF2HTML5 directly from the command line which is useful for running the converter from another language or script. This guide is aimed at developers with knowledge of Java. If you do not know Java, we recommend using the online converter.
- You must download pdf2html.jar
- Please ensure that Java is installed
- Run from the same location as the jar or provide an absolute path
java -Xmx512M -jar pdf2html.jar /inputDirectory/ /outputDirectory/
You may want provide more memory by increasing the Xmx value.
How are the settings controlled?
When running from command line, settings are controlled by passing in system properties. Available settings and their values can be found in the Javadocs. The key classes are:
- HTMLConversionOptions (General HTML Settings)
- ContentOptions (Settings available for the Content mode)
-jar pdf2html.jar /inputDirectory/ /outputDirectory/
We now have our own functionality to decrypt encrypted pdfs but if you wanted to specify a certain provider then you can still do so using -Dorg.jpedal.securityprovider. Remember to add the security provider to the classpath if needed e.g.