You can run FormVu directly from the command line which is useful for running the converter from another language or script.
- You must download formvu.jar
- Requires Java 8 or later (see version compatibility)
- Run from the same location as the jar or provide an absolute path
java -Xmx512M -jar formvu.jar /inputDirectory/ /outputDirectory/
You may want to provide more memory by increasing the Xmx value.
How are the settings controlled?
When running from the command line, settings are controlled by passing in system properties. Available settings and their values can be found in the Javadocs. The values are the same as those used for general PDF to HTML5 conversion. The key classes are:
- HTMLConversionOptions (General HTML Settings)
- FormViewerOptions (Settings available for the FormViewer mode)
- ContentOptions (Settings available for the Content mode)
java -Dorg.jpedal.pdf2html.compressImages=true -jar formvu.jar /inputDirectory/ /outputDirectory/