You can run BuildVu directly from the command line which is useful for running the converter from another language or script. This guide is aimed at developers with knowledge of Java. If you do not know Java, we recommend using the online converter.
- You must download buildvu.jar
- Please ensure that Java is installed
- Run from the same location as the jar or provide an absolute path
java -Xmx512M -jar buildvu.jar /inputDirectory/ /outputDirectory/
You may want provide more memory by increasing the Xmx value.
HTML or SVG?
The default output mode is HTML. To generate 100% SVG content (which provides a more accurate conversion), you can set -Dorg.jpedal.pdf2html.svgMode=true
-jar jpdf2html.jar /inputDirectory/ /outputDirectory/
How are the settings controlled?
When running from command line, settings are controlled by passing in system properties. Available settings and their values can be found in the Javadocs. The key classes are:
- HTMLConversionOptions (General HTML Settings)
- IDRViewerOptions (Settings available for the IDRViewer mode)
- ContentOptions (Settings available for the Content mode)
-jar buildvu.jar /inputDirectory/ /outputDirectory/
We now have our own functionality to decrypt encrypted pdfs but if you wanted to specify a certain Provider then you can still do so using -Dorg.jpedal.securityprovider. Remember to add the security provider to the classpath if needed e.g.